Randi Rhodes Forums

Welcome to the Randi Rhodes Message Boards.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you experience difficulties logging in, (i.e. Incorrect Password) please click the forgot password link on the login error screen to have a new password sent to you. If all else fails, register again.

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 138 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  

Randi going to retire next year?

Post subject: Randi going to retire next year?

Say it ain't so! :cry:

Post subject: Re: Randi going to retire next year?

I just heard her say that too! Does that mean she is going to retire from radio? Or just clear channel?

Randi! you need to clear this up right away!

i believe she said, "forced retirement."

that sucks.

NOOOOOOO! That would be horrible! What can we do? Just tell us, Randi. We'll help any way we can.

Location: NYC's "Northern and Western Suburbs" (where it's always cooler!)
OK - firstly, I'm at least somewhat relieved that I'm not the only one hearing this for the first time. Which is not to say that a boardop won't be here in 10 min to merge this into another thread of those better informed.

Here's what I want to know - assuming Randi's contract has the standard non-compete clause, even if Premiere, umm, encourages Randi to "retire", can/will she continue to do SOME KIND of show, maybe a web-based thing like Nicole Sandler does, from her Costa Rica hideaway?

if i had my way, she'd land on the own network with a round table tv show once a week for at least a hour and a half. kinda like bill maher whom i love but geared toward women interested in politics. i dunno sometimes on real time, the womens voices gets lost because men are louder and more agressive (imo)

and meredith vieira as a co host with a panel that changes would make my day

Wasn't listening to show today, alas, I couldn't ...

but sounds to me like Premiere Networks and her had a discussion about, shall we say, the finitude of her contract (and probably their intent not to renew).

I would tell her to go somewhere else for syndication, but I don't know any other options other than ... Jones Radio, Dial Global, X Radio ... whatever the f**k it's calling itself now ... oh yeah, Westwood One.

She could self syndicate like Mike Malloy & the 5 radio stations he's still on ... oh I kid, I kid.

Positives: she'll see a lot of Stephie Miller. Negatives: she'll see a lot of Ed Schultz.

I think Hartmann self-syndicates, also. I can deal with his show. Ed? Malloy? Mike Pap? No, thank you.

Nope, he's on Westwood Radio for syndication.

Westwood right now is syndicating:

Bill Press
Steffie Miller
Ed Schultz
Thom Hartmann

Unfortunately, they are also syndicating:

Heman Cain
Dennis Miller
and
Phil Hendrie (well, he's mostly apolitical and un-ideological, but leans right)

Thom also does a TV gig on Russia Today (RT), although, as I've said numerous times, I wish he wouldn't.

I don't get RT, but i thought he was just using their studio space - I get his shows (the Radio show and The Big Pic) on Free Speech TV. I don't know that he's ON RT, as well.

Truth on the radio is discouraged as it is on tv....

Randi isnt always right, and i get mad at the way she talks down to us once in a while, but she tells the truth way more often than most, and that cant be tolerated in america

sorry folks

I never thought I would see the day the Republican Party would side with the
KGB over the USA...

I don't get RT, but i thought he was just using their studio space - I get his shows (the Radio show and The Big Pic) on Free Speech TV. I don't know that he's ON RT, as well.

Mostly right. Looks like he does insist on editorial independence - probably a good thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Pi ... m_Hartmann

Over the next few years, more community TV stations and cable systems picked it up, and Hartmann moved to Washington, DC, taking both his radio show and The Big Picture with him. With that move, he expanded the show to an hour, and also licensed the show to RT, partially in exchange for use of their television studios and facilities. While the show carries the RT bug, it is entirely owned by Hartmann's company, which has contractual editorial control over the program. The editorial staff of the show are employees of Hartmann's company, while the TV production staff work for RT.

The show is now recorded and broadcast live by RT America, the Washington, D.C.-based affiliate of RT with a presence on both over-the-air and cable TV systems in many major American cities, and also syndicated by Free Speech TV and carried nationwide on both Dish Network channel 9415, DirecTV Channel 348, and on local Public-access television stations across the country.[1] From January 17, 2012 RT's international English-language channel started to broadcast it worldwide in over 100 countries.

[snip]

Until September 2011, RT personality Lucy Kafanov filled in for Hartmann when he was unavailable for broadcast.

[snip][end]

I still wouldn't want to be associated with the network, in any case.

I Will Always Cherish My Randi Raido Archives :randi: :light: Always Right

I'm retiring in four years. I'll miss Randi, but mostly I'm jealous she will get to retire three years earlier even though I'm a year older. Not fair.

[ 138 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10