Randi Rhodes Forums

Welcome to the Randi Rhodes Message Boards.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you experience difficulties logging in, (i.e. Incorrect Password) please click the forgot password link on the login error screen to have a new password sent to you. If all else fails, register again.

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 138 posts ]    1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  

Randi going to retire next year?

Post subject: Re: Randi going to retire next year?

:(

-President Barack Obama

Quote:
we must all stick together. for anyone that wants, come join my facebook.

Hey Rena ~ check your Others folder on FB. I sent you a message!

Could a regional station pick her up, like KTLK1150 here in LA? They have an all liberal line up and do have a few regional shows that they must produce locally. At least you can stream KTLK from anywhere. They will have to fill her time slot anyway and they won't fill it with a righty. Every other station in town has that covered. We'd love to have Randi out here. Maybe she could share Stephanie's studio and do some Sexy Liberal shows with her. She can't go away.

I'm a technological troglodyte, but this news got me to figure out how to post a message (surprisingly painless actually). I had discovered Randi here in Palm Springs on Air America, but when she left she also left Palm Springs. I couldn't take it. She had become my friend; I needed her in my life, so I bought the podcast. I can't bear the thought of again not having her in my life.

Randi, please continue your work. You're needed. You have an e-mail list. Please take it with you. Let us know what you're doing. The people who buy your podcast like me with continue, plus many others, I'm sure, who will join, who like me, when you left Palm Springs, will have no other choice. Don't leave me. Don't leave us.

Richard in Palm Springs

For me it is less about Randi leaving, dont get me wrong, I am an original member of her fanclub as in message boards, but I knew she wanted to leave to CR eventually anyway...

For me it is about so few choices of liberal voices...

Ed Schultz is a functioning moron, Thom Hartmann is only one person...etc

I never thought I would see the day the Republican Party would side with the
KGB over the USA...

...Does Hillary hold a grudge? Can there be anything Randi can say or do to make amends with her?

Am I correctly inferring that any woes Randi (or any other talker) might be experiencing might somehow be tied to disapproval on the part of Hillary Clinton?

That strikes me as more than a bit of a stretch. I hope we can some day move beyond these imaginings of some prominent pol or even world leader reaching down from the heavens of omnipotence to squish the life out of some talker's career, no matter their respective ideologies. (This, of course, is with regard to the US - NOT those savage nations wherein a dictator can literally issue an order that sees a media critic arrested or killed.)

Moreover, as I recall the contretemps and fits with regards to Randi's "joke," I thought the bulk of the backlash was primarily tied, not to a criticism of Clinton, but to her choice of language used in the process of insulting Geraldine Ferraro. Indeed, I remember breathless, self-fanning and cases of the vapors tied to some contemplating use of the word "bitch" in a sentence that referred to the nation's FIRST FEMALE CANDIDATE FOR VP FROM A MAJOR PARTY!

Well, in my mind, after the way Gerri acted in the '08 campaign, I'd say Randi was right. She was a bitch.

"OCCUPY THE VOTING BOOTH"--CarmenJonze

Well I have been a member of another board and I usually post double time here and there.

http://www.democraticwarrior.com/forum/

Some here are already members N.U. is XRaySpex is too ... just an FYI. I am going to miss Randi So much. Now she's on vacation for a week. <sigh>

We need a Pirate Radio Station off the Coast of South Carolina/North Carolina with Randi, et al.

Oh, I'm there too.

we do need to prepare to go somewhere after this closes down

anyone here have the time to create a board? i am willing to contribute to the cost

KGB over the USA...

mom has one we are using for talking during the show

I'm sorry, my listening has been inconsistent at best, so I have to ask.

Has Randi really, officially, and directly stated she's going off the Premiere airwaves next year?
Did she state a date? (January 1st, 2014?)

All I've heard - which isn't much - and more what I've seen - which has been relayed by other listeners - are vague warnings about "them" taking her off the air and her going to Costa Rica.

Maybe B. is right, should we not overinterpret what's been said?

You know, I didn't hear her original announcement. I heard the show the next day when the phones exploded. What, though, are we to believe when they pull her show from pay radio? I have no idea who's dick is bigger in that game. That is what it's about, I suppose.

Prof: I heard her say December, maybe Dec 31...i think i heard her say that and that she was bye bye after that...

KGB over the USA...

If we want to create a successor message board, why don't we create a free one at Yahoogroups? That way we can keep the group together and communicating, one way or the other, without anyone having to pony up money. I already moderate over a hundred different Yahoogroups, so moderating another one wouldn't be a big deal (or one or more existing members could take it on...)

(Hmmm.... just checked, there is already one there... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/randirhodes ... with 229 members. I don't know how active it is, or whether it's well-managed or not... anyone here familiar with it?)

If we want to create a successor message board, why don't we create a free one at Yahoogroups? That way we can keep the group together and communicating, one way or the other, without anyone having to pony up money. I already moderate over a hundred different Yahoogroups, so moderating another one wouldn't be a big deal (or one or more existing members could take it on...)

(Hmmm.... just checked, there is already one there... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/randirhodes ... with 229 members. I don't know how active it is, or whether it's well-managed or not... anyone here familiar with it?)

Not familiar, sounds like an option for sure...

KGB over the USA...

So how best to honor 'the goddess' before she leaves or transforms like a butterfly in Costa Rica?

[ 138 posts ]    1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10