Randi Rhodes Forums

Welcome to the Randi Rhodes Message Boards.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you experience difficulties logging in, (i.e. Incorrect Password) please click the forgot password link on the login error screen to have a new password sent to you. If all else fails, register again.

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 30 posts ]  1, 2  

A personal post to Randi on her possible end in december

Post subject: A personal post to Randi on her possible end in december

Was just looking at your facebook page.. you have 41,876 followers

https://www.facebook.com/randirhodes

Your an excellent researcher and worth much to many people. I am a subscriber to your podcast paying $6 a month, I don't pay that for any reason other than having access to your knowledge base and wit.

I think that people that are in your likes would pay $1 - 6 a month to listen to you a few hours a day and be part of a blog. That would be about $40K a month to 2.4M a month.

I was watching Nicole Sandler on her website http://radioornot.com/ you should set something up like that just with a blog like the one you have here at Randirhodes.com.

You can do that at - http://www.proboards.com/ for FREE.

At least my payment to the podcast has nothing to do with the radio station your on it has everything to do with you and your hard work. Then you can go back to your great stand up.

Post subject: Re: A personal post to Randi on her possible end in december

The only problem from there is getting onto internet radio that truckers can access?

I don't know how to do that but there appear to be many internet radio stations. With $40K 0 1.2M a month it shouldn't be hard to get onto one of those networks or stations.

Was just looking at your facebook page.. you have 41,876 followers

https://www.facebook.com/randirhodes

Your an excellent researcher and worth much to many people. I am a subscriber to your podcast paying $6 a month, I don't pay that for any reason other than having access to your knowledge base and wit.

I think that people that are in your likes would pay $1 - 6 a month to listen to you a few hours a day and be part of a blog. That would be about $40K a month to 2.4M a month.

I was watching Nicole Sandler on her website http://radioornot.com/ you should set something up like that just with a blog like the one you have here at Randirhodes.com.

You can do that at - http://www.proboards.com/ for FREE.

At least my payment to the podcast has nothing to do with the radio station your on it has everything to do with you and your hard work. Then you can go back to your great stand up.

correction it is 40 - 240K per month not bad

Jim, truckers - anyone - can listen in a car, to a podcast or a live streaming show. For instance, if you search my name on tunein.com, you'll get the live show or the podcast... There are many ways to plug the phone into the car .... Gotta go do a show, but if anyone's interested, I can do a primer on it for you.

Podcasts is where everyone will end up. The airwaves are being bought and paid for by the big corporations.

I have no clue as to whether or not "podcasts" will pay the bills and will provide a lifestyle with which entrepreneurs are comfortable.

All I know is that I'm not about to pay a monthly fee for every podcast I desire. Imagine the individual monthly costs for subscriptions to Rhodes, Sandler, Hartmann, Malloy, Schultz, Goldman, Ring of Fire, etc. There are so many!

You're right: before long, terrestrial radio is not needed by the libs. But only the libs are paying steeply for the radio they want to hear. The right-wing, the big-money interests, get it for free.

It's just not going to happen, not unless I cease cable tv (I'm close to doing just that) or internet (not even close).

I don't know if Nicole cares to respond, but my take is that she is eking out a living with her business model at the moment. Not every celebrity wants to do that. I've had to do it for 7 years now, and I'm not happy just making ends meet (EDIT:...and yes, I'm a celebrity...in my head I'm famous. :D )

Pathetic, pisses me off...To think that limpdicks and oreillys and hannitsy are making gazillions, lying their asses off all day long

cant take this shit anymore

I never thought I would see the day the Republican Party would side with the
KGB over the USA...

Boo,

I am not earning enough from my show to survive. Then again, my podcast is free. Many people contribute, most do a monthl 'subscription' via paypal... I have contributions ranging from $5 to $100 a month.

I won't charge to be able to listen as I know many of my listeners are in bad financial shape right now and just can't afford it. I hope those who can will...

Boo,

I am not earning enough from my show to survive. Then again, my podcast is free. Many people contribute, most do a monthl 'subscription' via paypal... I have contributions ranging from $5 to $100 a month.

I won't charge to be able to listen as I know many of my listeners are in bad financial shape right now and just can't afford it. I hope those who can will...

I kind of thought so...and hat's off to you for not charging.

You, Malloy, and Hartmann/Schultz, Kennedy, etc., have to generate cash from other sources, in order to live well. I think that Randi, working for "Premiere", has gotten used to a certain level of comfort (the same level I had when I worked at a big-ass corporation).

And then you are faced with losing all that. If she has nothing else lined up, I can attest to how fearful one feels.

In my case, the money problem may end in a few months or less, and I would be able to afford to help the radio people I love the most.

I live in South Florida - Randi's home base - and can no longer hear her, despite paying for 2 XM subscriptions to listen in car & home. I resent having to pay for progressive talk. I've listened to Randi since her brilliant commentary during Lewinsky affair. Can someone tell me how to hear her on Tunein or IHeart in the car? The car radio isn't XM - I have a portable little XM radio that pops into a base that goes to Auxilary port.
Maya

Maya, I'm in the exact same boat as you are. I live in the same place. I remember when 940 WINZ became "The Sports Animal" and cut off Randi & talk programming. Nicole Sandler also used to be on WINZ in the mornings. So was Jim DeFede.

Generally speaking, I typically stream Randi from the Listen Live link on her own page - see top - or from my iPad I can get streams from a couple stations that still carry her and stream. Incidentally, though iHeartRadio is supposed to carry all the CC programming, I personally think it's crap for talk - I can never get Randi on/through it. I have much better luck with other radio apps that can stream stations that she's on, and yeah TuneInRadio works well for that.

If everyone who subscribes to her podcast and everyone that visits the message board signed a petition or statement to the FCC, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi inquiring about the situation with the airwaves maybe we can stir up some momentum for change. While we are at it, why not include a demand for fact based news and commentary. People have a right to their opinions and interpretations on issues, but they should at the very least be based on factual information if the person expressing themselves are utilizing the public airwaves to do so....otherwise it's political speech and should be regulated as such. Correct??
Credo does a lot of petitions also, and anyone can use their site for that. I don't write well, but there are many here who do, wink, wink :)

Which in sleep has fallen on you.
Ye are many - they are few.

Percy Shelley's "The Mask of Anarchy"

I live in South Florida - Randi's home base - and can no longer hear her, despite paying for 2 XM subscriptions to listen in car & home. I resent having to pay for progressive talk. I've listened to Randi since her brilliant commentary during Lewinsky affair. Can someone tell me how to hear her on Tunein or IHeart in the car? The car radio isn't XM - I have a portable little XM radio that pops into a base that goes to Auxilary port.
Maya

I was also angry the day I turned on my XM radio and Randi was gone. I started looking for an alternate source and found one that I can get on both iHeartRadio and TuneIn. 92.1 The Mic out of Madison, WI carries the show live.

You can also find 1480 KPHX-AM in Phoenix on TuneIn. They also carry the show live.

I hope this helps. :)

I always listen to Randi with my iPhone on iheart radio and I listen to T.L. using Tunein.com with my iPhone, I'm sure lots of people listen to Randi using their smart phones instead of radios. She should just do her whole show over the internet instead of radio. I would love to hear Randi let a F-Bomb rip, when she is spanking those republican idiots. She can do it over the internet without bleeping her show. :)

Tom Leykis is doing hella good right now with his show, He said in his first year doing his show on the internet, he gets well over 1 million visits or listeners, Im not exactly right but I remember he said something to that affect a couple weeks ago on his show. He can track how the listeners are listening to his show. He said most are using smart phones. I wish I can remember the exact numbers and stats he stated regarding how well his show is doing in such a short time on the internet.

[ 30 posts ]  1, 2